- It started in a park
It started in a park
Many of us have fantastic memories that started in a park – whether it’s flying a kite with our Grand-dads, time spent with friends, teaching our own children to walk, or a hundred other things – parks bring people together.
That’s why – this Love Parks Week – we are inviting everyone to get down to their local park or green space and celebrate all the amazing things that ‘started in a park.’ Here are a few ideas to get you started, why not let us know your ideas too? #LoveParks
- Get together – parks are a fab place to get people together, whether it’s a family picnic and game of rounders, or meeting your neighbours at an event, use Love Parks Week as an excuse to get together.
- Get fit –walking, jogging, plogging or even Nordic walking - however you choose to get started, the park is the place to start. Many parks even have gym equipment or fitness trails to help you along.
- Get riding – whether you are teaching or learning, parks are a great place to start – grab a bike, trike, scooter or unicycle and get riding down to your local park.
- Get a bit of me-time – parks are just as good for quiet me-time as for loud together times. See if your park runs t’ai chi classes or just grab a good book and a quiet spot in the shade.
- Get exploring – whether it’s a child’s first explorations of nature, or adults rediscovering wildlife in the middle of a bustling city, parks are often where it starts. Join an organised wildlife event or just sit quietly and listen to the birds sing.
- Get nostalgic – parks and nostalgia go together – it’s hard not to have happy childhood memories at the park. Recreate your happy childhood times and introduce them to friends and family.
- Get great new memories – great things start in your local park – so what are you waiting for?