- Your park is already award-winning, now together lets clean up our country
Your park is already award-winning, now together lets clean up our country
We know your green space is a safe, clean, welcoming one - just some of the reasons you are proudly flying your green flag over it.
But this March (2-4 March), we are asking the whole country to come together and help us clean up - could you join us for the Great British Spring Clean?
We know many of you are (and your teams) are #LitterHeroes everyday, in all weathers, keeping your spaces tidy and welcoming. But imagine if - just for one weekend - all of our 1,797 Green Flag Award sites joined together - what a difference we could make to the streets and communities surrounding your parks.
Here are some simple ways you can get involved.
1. Take the lead and organise a litter pick for the streets surrounding your park - invite your park users, sports teams, staff and volunteers.
2. Is there already a litter picking event going on nearby - could you and your staff join in? Could you offer them use of your facilities perhaps? A hot cuppa in the park cafe would be appreciated by any weary litter picker.
3. Do you have a school close by? Could you offer to help them with their litter pick - perhaps lending your equipment and expertise, or joining them on the event?
4. Are there any green spaces nearby that could do with a tidy up and some TLC. Maybe your staff or volunteer groups could lend them a hand around the spring clean weekend?
There are many other ideas for ways you can get involved - each as unique as your own site. Just register on the Great British Spring Clean website, add your event and together we can make such a difference.