Stadtpark – Botanischer Garten Gütersloh

The site consists oft the 27 hectare park and the 4 hectare botanical garden. The park was laid out between 1909 and 1914 by F.W. Schoedder from Iserlohn in the style of an English landscape park. Old varieties of fruit are cultivated in the orchard. Work on the four hectare botanical garden was launched in 1912 by Karl Rogge. Duringits last expansion project in 1997/98, additional gardens, including the sun garden, the medicinal garden and the fountain garden, were laid out. With the scent tunnel, Olafur Eliasson has created a permanent attraction. The Palmhouse Cafe invites to take a leisurely break.
The lates project was the lavender garden in 2011, a gift by Liz Mohn.

Park Facilities

Café/Restuarant
Children's Play Area
Dog Free Area
Free parking
Glass/Palm House
Nature Walks
Parking
Picnic Area
Pond
Public Sculpture
River
Toilets
Walking Routes
Woodlands
Green Flag
Award Winner
Managing Organisation
Fachbereich Grünflächen Stadt Gütersloh
Contact
Daniela Toman
Telephone
052 41/82-2423